Ⅰ.核心学习:关于招待外国经理的提示
Billy: Why are you running around like a chicken with its head cut off?
比利:你怎么像只无头苍蝇似的慌里慌张的?
Michael: A foreign manager from overseas is visiting.
迈克尔:一位外国经理要来了。
Billy: Haven’t you hosted a foreign boss before?
比利:你以前从来没招待过外国老板吗?
Michael: No, I am a newbie at this.
迈克尔:没有,我在这方面是新手。
Billy: Don’t you fret. I will give you some hints on the Business English you should use.
比利:别担心,对于你该用的商务英语,我会给你一些提示。
Michael: Can you also teach me about where to take them around town?
迈克尔:你能不能再告诉我该带他们到城里哪些地方去转转?
Billy: I will give you a lot of hints.
比利:我会给你很多提议。
1) Hint : clue, help
提示、线索,帮助
ex:I need assistance, can you give me hint?
我需要一位助手,你能给我个提仪吗?
2) Host a guest : take care of a guest, pay for them and make plans
招待客人;照顾客人,为他们付帐,安排一切
ex:Last week I hosted three foreign clients from Germany.
上星期我招待了三位从德国来的外国客户。
3) Fret : worry about
担心
ex:Many students fret over their college entry exam.
很多学生都很担心他们的大学入学考试。
4) Newbie : fresh, inexperienced, new
新手,没有经验的
ex:Here is the newbie, teach him what to do.
这是新来的,告诉他该做什么。
5) Running around like a chicken with its head cut off : being nervous, acting crazy
像没头苍蝇似的跑来跑去;很紧张,举动疯狂
ex:To find more votes, the candidate ran around like a chicken with its head cut off.
这位候选人像只没头苍蝇似的跑来跑去多拉选票。
Hints on Hosting a Manger from Overseas
关于招待外国经理的提示
1) Take them to a famous restaurant, but let them order some of the food.
2) Don’t fret if you are a newbie at hosting.
3) Ask them what they would like to be called.
4) Never offer them cigarettes!
5) Try to teach them a little Chinese. It is fun and useful.
6) Ask about their hometown, but don’t ask why they came to China.
1)带他们到一家很有名的餐厅,但让他们来点一些菜。
2)如果你在招待客人方面没经验,不要担心。
3)问他们喜欢怎样称呼。
4)切记不要向他们敬烟。
5)试着教他们一点儿中文。这很有意思,也很有用。
6)问问他们的家乡是哪里,但不要问他们为什么到中国来。
Ⅳ.对话篇
Molly : Why are you running around like a chicken with its head cut off?
莫莉:你为什么像只没头苍蝇似的慌里慌张的?
Gordon: I am hosting a manager from overseas. She told me she doesn’t like Chinese food. Where can I take her?
戈登:我正在招待一位国外来的经理。她告诉我她不喜欢中国菜,我该带她到哪去?
Molly : I’ll give you a hint. Try western restaurants inside major hotels.
莫莉:我给你个提议。试试大饭店里的西餐厅。
Gordon: Will they have a good selection?
戈登:那有很多选择的余地吗?
Molly : Don’t fret. Most big hotels have at least two western restaurants.
莫莉:别担心,大多数大饭店最少有两家西餐厅。
Gordon: I didn’t know that.
戈登:我不知道这个。
Molly : You sure are a newbie. But after hosting your first oversea manager, you will be an expert.
莫莉:你确实是个新手,不过招待完一次外国经理,你就成行家了。
Gordon: Thanks a bunch. I don’t know what I would do without you.
戈登:多谢。真不知道没有你我该怎么办。
Molly : I do. You would run around like a chicken with its head off.
莫莉:我知道。你会像只没头苍蝇似的跑来跑去。
编辑推荐:
更多信息请关注读书人网:www.REader8.cn